- Eliminate clutter. Have you had a pile of mail sitting on your kitchen counter for over a month? Is your junk drawer overflowing? A little untidiness is OK, but too much may turn off buyers. Spend some time decreasing clutter on surfaces and shelves.
- Prepare for the move. That doesn’t mean you have to box up your silverware and use plastic cutlery, but sort through the basement, attic, garage and closets to decide what you’ll keep, toss, donate or sell. Consider renting a storage facility to box up items you don’t use regularly, in order to make your home look and feel larger and neater.
- Make any necessary repairs. Fix any leaky faucets, and oil any squeaky doors. You don’t have to repair every last thing that is broken. Request a consultation and I’ll tell you what you should do to make your house more sellable. I can even bring in a home inspector to assess your home’s value.
- Freshen up the interior. A fresh coat of paint in a neutral color can liven things up. Cleaning windows, carpets, blind or curtains will also do wonders.
- Gather the paperwork. Get your paperwork in order that details the repairs and maintenance you’ve done on your home, such as roof fixes or HVAC inspections.
There are many things you can do to get your house ready to sell this spring. For more tips and advice, do not hesitate to contact me.
Heidi Logan is a real estate agent in Center City Philadelphia.
Copyright© 2017 / All Rights Reserved